Design Assistant @ Global Blue (London, UK)
Company / Business Name: Global Blue
Website : http://www.globalblue.com/
Salary : £23,000
Global Blue is a tax refund service, which facilitates tax-free shopping for international travellers. Globalblue.com runs an editorial section providing fashion news items, recommended products and features related to shops, brands and destinations where Global Blue operates. Global Blue also publishes an international luxury shopping guide called SHOP Magazine for over 40 key cities around the world, the latest of which can be viewed here - http://issuu.com/globalblue.
SHOP Magazine is the luxury international shopping guide that connects international travellers with the most fabulous brands, products and places around the world. SHOP publishes over 40 different publications in key cities around the world, as well as a similar schedule of timely content published online at globalblue.com in three languages.
SHOP magazine is a unique product, as every edition features a bespoke illustration, making it stand-out against its contemporaries.
The Design team is looking for a skilled assistant that has previous experience working in editorial print design to assist with the design of the magazine.
These will include:
Designing editorial pages for each section of the magazine
Completing in-house and marketing manager amends
Uploading pages to VIP
Assisting with designing content for a digital app using wordpress
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Experience within the print/creative industry preferably in an artworker role
- Diverse portfolio showcasing examples of creative design
- A good eye for details
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight schedule
- A passion and enthusiasm for graphic and editorial design
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- A degree in a related discipline would be a bonus but not essential
*The salary will be dependent on experience but competitive (starting from 23k)
Date for job listing to start: 4/25/2017
Click apply to Contact Dionne regarding this job opportunity.